16 Nov 2017

Swami Chetanananda “How to Live With God: In the Company of Ramakrishna”

In the early 1900s Swami Vishuddhananda met a gardener in the Dakshineswar temple garden, who had had a vision of the Master’s luminous form. The Swami wrote:
“I met a gardener of seventy-six or seventy-seven years old, who had worked in the temple garden during Mathur’s time. I first saw him cleaning, very carefully, the path from the Master’s room to the Panchavati with a spud [a spade-like instrument]. He was a little bent because of his age. I observed that he steadfastly cleaned that path up to the pine grove and the bel tree. I was a little curious, because I saw him do the same work every day. One day I asked him: “Have you seen the Master?” He laid the spud on the ground, then looked at me in wonder and said: “I am following his order. The Master told me that many of his devotees would come. So I am cleaning this path for them”. He was reluctant to say anything more. When I pressed him to say something more, he told me this wonderful story: “One summer night I could not sleep, so I went for a walk in the garden. I saw a light coming from the Panchamundi area. I went there and found the Master immersed in Samadhi under the bel tree; a light emanated from his body. I was so scared, I could not stay there long. The next morning I went to him, fell at his feet, and burst into tears. He asked: “What is the matter? Why do you have so much overflowing devotion today?” I only said: “Master, please bless me”. He realized what was in my mind. He lifted me up and said: “Meditate on the form that you saw last night. Clean the path to the Panchavati. Many devotees will come in the future”. I meditate on that luminous form of the Master and clean this path every day”.
(Swami Chetanananda “How to Live With God: In the Company of Ramakrishna”, Advaita Ashrama 2008, Ch. 1 “Various Forms of Ramakrishna”, “Ramakrishna as a Luminous Being”, pp. 64-65)



Contact Details:
SRKS, Moradabad
prateekb786@yahoo.co.in
www.facebook.com/SriRamakrishnaSevashramMoradabad2016
www.linkedin.com/in/sri-ramakrishna-sevashrama-moradabad-12126a36
www.youtube.com/channel/UCiYthJsXijeiediCfRbeOnw
+919457971925

No comments:

Post a Comment